[netCDF #OYO-361040]: netCDF has no grid

Hi Marietta,

I looked at the file you gave us, and it has a minor flaw regarding the grid
information.  Specifically, the height coordinate does not have an attribute
describing positive as "up" or "down."  The documentation for this requirement
is here:

http://cf-pcmdi.llnl.gov/documents/cf-conventions/1.6/cf-conventions.html#vertical-coordinate

Without this designation, the grid is incomplete.  This flaw is corrected by
applying a small patch of NcML, and I have placed the corrected file here for
you to access:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7jP7ooGP2ZzNVd5LXV2SnRvRlk/edit?usp=sharing

Do you have many files like this one, or only this one?  The problem should be
corrected at its origin.  Can you tell me where it is coming from, so that we
may alert the organization generating the file that it is incomplete?

> Hi Lansing,
>
> I started uploading the file (RE_UBA_A1B_D3_MM_WIND_SPEED_1-1200.nc).
> Thank you for helping me with that!
>
> Regards,
> Marietta

Ticket ID: OYO-361040