[netCDF #UFW-802554]: Stand Alone Fortran Version

Hi James,

> Package Version: netcdf-fortran-4.2
> Operating System: CentOS
> Hardware: Virtual Machine
> Description of problem:
>
> I am trying to install a stand-alone Fortran version of netcdf (4.2).
> When I run the configure script, it comes back with an error saying it
> can not find netcdf.h.  (That looks like a C include file.)  The configure
> script tells me to set the CPPFLAG.  (That looks like a C++ environment).
> Is it possible to just install the fortran version?

No, netCDF-Fortran depends on the netCDF C library.  You have to install the
netCDF C library first, and then building the netCDF Fortran library is
relatively easy, following these instructions:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: UFW-802554
Department: Support netCDF