[netCDF #HXP-254473]: Bug in genlib.h

Hi John,

> I'd like to report a bug in ncgen3/genlib.h.
>
> Towards the bottom of this file is the code:
>
> #ifndef HAVE_STRLCAT
> extern size_t strlcat(char *dst, const char *src, size_t siz);
> #endif
>
> but HAVE_STRLCAT will _never_ be defined in this file, because config.h
> (unless by accident, or by another file) is not included in genlib.h.
>
> This causes netcdf to fail to build under clang on OSX 10.9 Mavericks.
>
> One fix would be to #include "config.h" at the top of the file.

Thanks for reporting the problem, which was also reported by another user on
the
netcdfgroup mailing list.  Your suggested fix is correct and is incorporated in
the current master branch on GitHub, so it will be in our next release.  In the
meantime, I'll include a note about the issue in our "Known Problems" document
at:

   http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/known_problems.html

Thanks for reporting the problem.

--Russ