[netCDF #PJI-807534]: Regarding netcdf installation

Greetings!

The issue is that netCDF-4 requires the HDF5 library to be installed. If you
do not require netCDF-4 (just netCDF-3), then you can pass the
--disable-netcdf-4 flag to the netcdf configure script. If you do want
netCDF-4 enabled, then I suggest following the quick build/installation
instructions
found here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Quick-Instructions.html#Quick-Instructions

or, if you prefer more details, take a look at the more detailed installation
instructions:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Building-on-Unix.html#Building-on-Unix

Cheers!

Sean

> Hi,
>
> I am working as a Project Assistant of CAOS (Centre for Atmospheric and
> Oceanic
> Sciences) department in Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
>
> I am using CentOS 6.3 operating system.
> While installing netcd4.2.0 i got the following error,
>
> configure: error: Can't find or link to the hdf5 library. Use
> --disable-netcdf-4, or see config.log for errors.
> [root@alagu netcdf-4.2]# make install
> make: *** No rule to make target `install'.  Stop.
> [root@alagu netcdf-4.2]# make chech
> make: *** No rule to make target `chech'.  Stop.
> [root@alagu netcdf-4.2]#
>
> can u help me to clear this error? That will highly appreciatable.
>
> Thank you
> --
> Open WebMail Project (http://openwebmail.org)
>

> --