[netCDF #GYC-914895]: Reading of file produces corrupted data

Hi Stefan,

> When I compile the program run.f90 with
>
> gfortran run.f90 -o run -lnetcdff -L/home/z3439823/programs/netcdf/lib
> -I/home/z3439823/programs/netcdf/include
>
> and run it, the data in data_in.nc is read partially corrupted. The program
> outputs the last data entry as 0.0, and not -1.84714535003628, which is the
> last value in
>
> ncdump -v ctns data_in.nc
>
> The command
>
> ncdump -v ctns data_out.nc
>
> shows that the output data is partially corrupted (about the last third of
> the data is bad).
>
> I have tried to understand what's going on, but I have no clue. I do the
> exact same procedure with other datasets of identical size and type, and it
> works as it should.
>
> I use netcdf-4.2.1.

Using our latest snapshot release of the netCDF C and Fortran-90 libraries,
I can reproduce the error you're seeing, though I don't understand yet
what the cause is.  It appears to be a bug in the netCDF F90 library, but
I'll need to spend more time studying the problem in a debugger.

Thanks for reporting this potentially serious problem, and for providing
the demonstration program.  I'm entering the problem in our bug-tracking
system, where you can follow any progress we make in finding and fixing
the bug:

  https://bugtracking.unidata.ucar.edu/browse/NCFORTRAN-23

--Russ

Ticket ID: GYC-914895