[netCDF #YHW-985779]: regarding netcdf.inc

Hi Amrapalli,

The netcdf.inc file is built as part of the netCDF Fortran installation, so
it's not included with the source.  The netCDF-4.3.0 source distribution (and
the recently released netCDF-4.3.1 release candidate) are only for building
the netCDF C library, because the netCDF Fortran sources are now a separate
distribution.

Currently, the only way we recommend to build the netCDF Fortran library on
Windows is by using cygwin, following the Unix instructions for first building
and installing the netCDF C library, then building and installing the netCDF
Fortran library using the installed netCDF C library, as documented here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building.html

Although we provide netCDF Windows libraries built with Visual Studio using
cmake:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/winbin.html

we're still working on a cmake solution for netCDF Fortran for Windows.

In the meantime, you might try these instructions from paratools about how to
build netCDF-4.1.3 C and Fortran libraries as a Windows DLL using the MinGW
cross compiler:

  http://www.paratools.com/Azure/NetCDF

--Russ

> Continuing my previous mail, I again extracted netcdf 3.5 win 32 bin (not
> installed) and provided required path to run my code. Now there is no error
> while building but while debugging error prompted is, netcdf.dll is missing
> in your computer, try to re install. I do have already netcdf.dll.
>
> can you suggest something to resolve this issue.
>
> Thnaking you,
> Amrapalli Garanaik
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I installed  NetCDF 4.3.0. But the include folder does not have
> > netcdf.inc. To run my FORTRAN code in visual studio I need to set the path
> > to netcdf.inc.
> >
> > Kindly help me to solve the issue.
> >

> > Thnaking you,
> > Amrapalli Garanaik