[netCDF #SDC-125933]: Make Check Test Fail -- Told to report to you.

Hi Sigourney,

> I'm trying to build netcdf fortran with gfortran. I got an error during the
> 'make check' stage of my build and it told me to contact you. Here's the
> error:
>
> dyld: Symbol not found: _ncerr
> Referenced from:
> /Users/sastelma/downloads/netcdf-fortran-4.2/fortran/.libs/libnetcdff.5.dylib
> Expected in: flat namespace
> in
> /Users/sastelma/downloads/netcdf-fortran-4.2/fortran/.libs/libnetcdff.5.dylib
> /bin/sh: line 1: 51512 Trace/BPT trap: 5       ${dir}$tst
> FAIL: nf_test
>
> *** Copying file with fill values.
> *** SUCCESS!
> PASS: create_fills.sh
> dyld: Symbol not found: _ncerr
> Referenced from:
> /Users/sastelma/downloads/netcdf-fortran-4.2/fortran/.libs/libnetcdff.5.dylib
> Expected in: flat namespace
> in
> /Users/sastelma/downloads/netcdf-fortran-4.2/fortran/.libs/libnetcdff.5.dylib
> /bin/sh: line 1: 51537 Trace/BPT trap: 5       ${dir}$tst
> FAIL: tst_f90
> 2 of 3 tests failed
> Please report to address@hidden
>
> I'm not sure at all how to fix this issue.

I assume you're following the build instructions here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

and that you're building on a Mac OSX platform, using shared libraries.

Did you set the environment variable DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH to contain the
library directory where the netCDF C library is installed, as mentioned
in step 3 of the build instructions under "Using shared libraries"?  If
not, please try again with that environment variable set and let us know
if that doesn't fix the problem.

--Russ

> Thank you,
> Sigourney Stelma