[netCDF #ZVD-828686]: compile error cannot compute sizeof (off_t)

Keith,

> Thanks for the feedback! I apologize for my lack of knowledge here. I am new
> to linux and using makefiles, etc. I've always used visual studio in the past.
> I downloaded the netCDF C Library source code for 4.3.0. I unzipped the file
> to /usr/local/src/netcdf-4.3.0/. It says that it built and installed
> successfully using the following commands.
>
> ./configure --disable-dap --disable-netcdf-4
> make check install
>
> However, I cannot find a file named libnetcdf.so.7. Where should I be able to
> locate this file if the build was successful?

The default installation is in /usr/local/, so the library should be in
/usr/local/lib/,
the header file should be in /usr/local/include/, and the utilities shuld be in
/usr/local/bin/.  If you want things installed somewhere else, you need to use
the
--prefix=/some/where/else option to configure.

If things are not where you expect, you could send us the config.log file to
help
determine what happened.

--Russ

Ticket ID: ZVD-828686