[netCDF #DQH-638930]: C compiler cannot create executables

Hi Anthony,

> Package Version: netcdf 4.2
> Operating System: Max OSX 10.7.5
> Hardware: 2007 Macbook 2.2ghtz Core 2 Duo
> Description of problem:
>
> Hello,
>
> I successfully installed the C version of netcdf on my computer,
> and am now trying to get the Fortran version to work so I can run WRF.
> I'm using version 4.3 for C and 4.2 for Fortran.  The prefix I'm setting
> the fortran distribution to compile in is the same as the C version.
>
> Here's the syntax of my configuration command:
>
> """
> Here is the syntax of my configure operation: CC='gcc -m64'
> CPPFLAGS=/Users/Anthony/Documents/NASA_SUMMER/netcdf/include
> LDFLAGS=/Users/Anthony/Documents/NASA_SUMMER/netcdf/lib FC='gfortran -m64'
> F90='gfortran -m64' FCFLAGS='-g' ./configure
> --prefix=/Users/Anthony/Documents/NASA_SUMMER/netcdf --disable-netcdf-4
> ""

For CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS, you should instead

  ... CPPFLAGS=-I/Users/Anthony/Documents/NASA_SUMMER/netcdf/include
LDFLAGS=-L/Users/Anthony/Documents/NASA_SUMMER/netcdf/lib ...

to your LD_LIBRARY_PATH, as described here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

Let us know if those changes don't work.

--Russ

Ticket ID: DQH-638930
Department: Support netCDF