[netCDF #BZX-567876]: Missing netcdf.mod file

> Full Name: Scott Sexton
> Package Version: 4.3.0
> Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Client 6
> Description of problem:

Hi Scott,

> I am trying to build a fortran program that works when I build it on
> a mac, but am having trouble building on the linux machine.  I have
> installed the fortran libraries and am using gcc to compile.  I checked in
> /usr/local/include and the only file there is netcdf.h, the .mod file is
> missing.  What actually creates the module file, and where is it stored?

The .mod files (there are typically two, netcdf.mod and typesizes.mod, when
building netcdf-fortran-4.2, or eight .mod files when building from the svn
snapshot release that uses Fortran-2003 C interoperability features) are
stored in /usr/local/include by default, when you run "make install" as the
last step of the Fortran installation described here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

Did you get actual error messages (not just warnings) when running "make" or
"make check" for the netCDF-Fortran build?  You should run "make check"
successfully before attempting to run "make install".

--Russ

Ticket ID: BZX-567876
Department: Support netCDF