[netCDF #LQM-166820]: Facing Problem With NetCDF-4.3.0 Installtation

Hi,

> I am trying to build NetCDF-4.3.0 libraries on Linux, that i downloaded
> from the unidata website. I builded zlib and hdf5 first and then when I
> am trying to build netcdf(through the command "$ make check instal"l),
> I am getting the error/warning and then the build stops:
>
> CDPATH="${ZSH_VERSION+.}:" && cd . && /bin/sh
> /home/Project/netcdf-4.3.0/missing aclocal-1.13 -I m4
> /home/Project/netcdf-4.3.0/missing: line 81: aclocal-1.13: command not found
> WARNING: 'aclocal-1.13' is missing on your system.
> You should only need it if you modified 'acinclude.m4' or
> 'configure.ac' or m4 files included by 'configure.ac'.
> The 'aclocal' program is part of the GNU Automake package:
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/automake>
> It also requires GNU Autoconf, GNU m4 and Perl in order to run:
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf>
> <http://www.gnu.org/software/m4/>
> <http://www.perl.org/>
> make: *** [aclocal.m4] Error 127
>
> Can you please take a look, and help me resolve the issue.

Before running "make", you have to run a "configure" script, as described
here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/build_default.html

The configure script runs programs to determine characteristics of
your OS and development environment, then creates custom Makefiles.

--Russ

Ticket ID: LQM-166820
Department: Support netCDF