[netCDF #AFN-131282]: netCDF fortran install

Hi Clive,

We haven't seen that problem before, but I suspect it may be caused by
using a Fortran compiler that's not compatible with the C compiler you
used to build the C library.

You can use MacPorts to build and install "netcdf-fortran", which uses
compatible C and Fortran compilers to build and install the library and
all its dependencies, by just invoking the command

  sudo port install netcdf-fortran

though it takes a while to finish.  Alternatively, there are various versions
of gfortran that work with the Mac XCode C compiler, for example, see

  http://r.research.att.com/tools/

--Russ

> I am having problems with netcdf-fortran-4.2  on MAC OS10.6
>
> I am trying to read NVAP files written in NetCDF-4
>
> I have installed HDF5, curses,zlib etc. .
>
> The fortran libraries build OK but I get a segementation fault on opening any
> file.
>
> > Make Check gives
>
> Total number of failures:            0
> *** SUCCESS!
> PASS: ftest
>

> *** Testing netCDF-3 Fortran 90 API.
> /bin/sh: line 1: 41766 Segmentation fault      ${dir}$tst
> FAIL: tst_f90
> 1 of 27 tests failed
> Please report to address@hidden
> make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1