[netCDF #LCN-240709]: CMake problems

Good morning Tim,

Thank you for your patience in waiting for a response; sorry for the delay, I
was out of the office last week.

There are a couple of different ways to specify the ZLIB library for CMake.

You may specify a root directory which contains the zlib libraries via the
'CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH' variable, e.g.

"CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH=c:\Users\wfisher\share"

If this were set, CMake would traverse the 'share' directory and all sub
directories when looking for zlib (as well as any other dependency libraries).
You may also specify the zlib library and include directory directly, as
follows:

ZLIB_LIBRARY=c:\zlib\lib\zlib.lib
ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR=c:\zlib_include_dir=c:\zlib\include\

In the top-right quadrant of the CMake GUI, there is a button marked 'Add
Entry'.  If you select this, you will be able to specify a new variable 'cache
entry'. When doing this, you will have to select the variable type from a
drop-down control.  The name and corresponding types would be as follows:

CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH:PATH
ZLIB_LIBRARY:FILEPATH
ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH

Alternatively, if it is easier for you, we are providing the netCDF libraries
for Windows as pre-compiled binaries, complete with dependencies, at the
following site:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs_rc/winbin.html

I hope this helps; please let me know if you have any more questions! I am
still refining the CMake directions, and it is great to get feedback on points
that are unclear.

Have a great day,

-Ward

Ticket ID: LCN-240709