[netCDF #PJC-763398]: Help with ncdump ftp server

Sam,

> Thanks again for your quick reply - I tried downloading NCO again, and it
> downloaded successfully.
>
> I'm sorry to bother you with another question, but now that I have the
> software, I can't figure out how to actually run it and use the operations.
> I'm trying to use ncecat to combine the multiple .nc files I have. I've
> been reading through the User's Guide for NCO, but can't understand how to
> simply open and run the software, and use the operation tools. I'm a
> beginner in coding and many of these software and tools for dealing with
> large datasets.
>
> Do you know where I can find step-by-step information/instructions on how
> to use the NCO software and operations after they are downloaded?
> I have a Windows 8 operating system.

You could start with sections 1.5, 1.6 and chapter 2 of the NCO User's Guide:

  http://nco.sourceforge.net/nco.html#Introduction

There's also a forum where you can look at the archived questions and answers
as well as ask new questions.  That's where we would end up forwarding any NCO
questions, because we aren't the NCO developers and don't use it enough to be
able to provide support.  Here's the forum:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/nco/support

--Russ

> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi Sam,
> >
> > > Thank you for all of your help in my previous inquiries.
> > >
> > > I have another question regarding combining netCDF files. I have climate
> > > data from Simple Subset Wizard, which I downloaded for individual months
> > > for each month over a course of thirty years. The data has all of the
> > same
> > > variables but is for different times. I would like to combine the .nc
> > files
> > > so that I can compare the variables (in GIS software), and maintain the
> > > time data.
> > >
> > > I found the resource for NCO (
> > > http://nco.sourceforge.net/#README/ChangeLog/TODO), but for some reason
> > the
> > > downloadable software
> > > (nco-4.3.0.tar.gz<http://nco.sourceforge.net/src/nco-4.3.0.tar.gz>)
> > > fails to download completely, stating that the file is invalid.
> > >
> > > Could you please direct me to another software with which I can combine
> > my
> > > netCDF files? Or do you have ay suggestions as to why NCO software is
> > > failing to download?
> >
> > I just tried downloading nco-4.3.0, using th URL:
> >
> >   http://nco.sourceforge.net/src/nco-4.3.0.tar.gz
> >
> > and it downloaded and unpacked fine.  The gzipped tar file has this size:
> >
> >     -rw-r--r--@   1 russ  admin    5941617 Apr  5 08:47 nco-4.3.0.tar.gz
> >
> > Maybe it's been fixed on the server.  I'd suggest just trying again.
> >
> > --Russ
> >

> > Russ Rew                                         UCAR Unidata Program
> > address@hidden                      http://www.unidata.ucar.edu
> >

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: PJC-763398
> > Department: Support netCDF