[netCDF #FVK-122895]: Problem with installing netCDF.

> Please find the config.log attached.
>
> Thank you very much!
> Yanshi.

OK, here are the relevant lines from config.log:

  configure:17833: gfortran -g -O2 -c conftestf.f
  configure:17836: $? = 0
  configure:17839: gfortran -o conftest -g -O2  conftestf.o conftest.o
  ld: warning: ignoring file conftest.o, file was built for unsupported file
format ( 0xcf 0xfa 0xed 0xfe 0x 7 0x 0 0x 0 0x 1 0x 3 0x 0 0x 0 0x 0 0x 1 0x 0
0x 0 0x 0 )  which is not the architecture being linked (i386): conftest.o
  Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
    "_sub_", referenced from:
        _MAIN__ in conftestf.o
  ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386

Your gfortran is compiling for i386, a 32-bit architecture, but your gcc is
apparently compiling for a different architecture, probably 64-bit x86_64.
You have to use the same architecture if you want to link the software together.
You could do this by either using the right flags for gcc, for example -m32 or
maybe -arch i386, or use a flag for gfortran, maybe -m64 or -arch x86_64.  If
you installed netcdf-fortran from MacPorts, you may have a gfortran that
produces
64-bit objects with a long name something like
  /opt/local/bin/x86_64-apple-darwin-gfortran-mp-4.7
but it might be easier to just use the gfortran you have and make gcc produce
32-bit objects.

--Russ

Ticket ID: FVK-122895
Department: Support netCDF