[netCDF #JLS-123539]: Configuration error

> Hello,
>
> I was trying to install NETCDF on my Linux/fedora based laptop. While
> running tthe 'configure' script, I end up receiving  the following
> error message:
>
> configure: error: cannot run C compiled programs.
> If you meant to cross compile, use `--host'.
> See `config.log' for more details.
>
> The config.log file is attached here with.
>
> Kindly advise.

From the relevant lines in your config.log:

  configure:3852: checking for C compiler default output file name
  configure:3874: cc    conftest.c  >&5
  configure:3878: $? = 0
  configure:3916: result: a.out
  configure:3933: checking whether the C compiler works
  configure:3943: ./a.out
  ./configure: line 3945: ./a.out: Permission denied

you don't have permissions to run a program that you just built.  I
don't understand how that's possible, but it has nothing to do
with netCDF.  Until you can compile and run a simple C program,
such as "hello.c", you won't be able to build the netCDF C
libraries and utilities.

--Russ

Ticket ID: JLS-123539
Department: Support netCDF