[netCDF #NAH-825145]: NETCDF4 installation problem in AIX 7.1

Hi,

> I was installing NETCDF4 in AIX 7.1 IBM server with XLC version 12.1, and
> xlf 14.1, I got the error that :
>
> checking for C compiler ----xlc
> checking for C compiler works-- no
>
> Do I need to upgrade C compiler? Which version of C, C++ and Fortran compiler
> work with NETCDF4.2.1?

No, any version of xlc should work OK for any version of netCDF.  What you need
to do is
look at the config.log file and find the error message associated with the
configure test
"checking whether the C compiler works", to see why it didn't work.  If you
can't find the
problem in the config.log file, just send that file to us and we'll look at it.
 Sometimes
it's just a simple problem, such as that the compiler is not requires a license
or it's
not configured correctly.  Make sure you can use xlc to compile a simple C
program before
you try to use it to build netCDF.

--Russ

Ticket ID: NAH-825145