[netCDF #FMU-973850]: installing netcdff.la or netcdf.a

Hi Keyvan.

> I installed netcdf-4.2.1 and
> netcdf-3.6.2 on ubuntu with ifort. I want to read nc data by fortran
> code. I checked the lib and noticed that it doesn't have netcdff.a or
> netcdff.la !!!!!!!!!!!!! How can I install netcdf with netcdfff.a or
> netcdff.la files.

You should only install one version of the library, preferably the most
recent, which for Ubuntu would be netcdf-4.2.1.  (We have a later version
4.2.1.1 available in a source release.)

To read netCDF data from Fortran, you also need to get and install the
netcdf-fortran software, which has been separate from the netCDF-C
library since the 4.1.3 release.  After you have installed the netCDF C
library, the netCDF-fortran library can be built and installed following
these instructions:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

It's also possible that there is an Ubuntu package with netcdf-fortran
already built, which would make this step a little bit easier.

--Russ

Ticket ID: FMU-973850
Department: Support netCDF