[netCDF #TIF-560806]: Could you please compile the release versions of windows developer snapshots

Good morning,

> Hello,
>
> I can use these for testing here at datafed, but I can't install them
> into the servers.
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/win_netcdf/
>
> Could you please
>
> either just build the release versions for win32 and x64
> or publish the Visual Studio 2010 project files.

The libraries available from the website should be the
'Release' versions (I am double-checking now), but I see
how the naming convention is confusing; thank you for pointing
this out! The 'dev' in the file names is supposed to indicate
that these are built from the current developer snapshot, not
that they are developer libraries.  I will change this, sorry for the
confusion.  Current Windows support has been introduced
since our 4.2 release, so it is not present in the 'latest' stable
release.

> It would take me a day to create the VS project, and it would probably
> contain some errors.

CMake support has also been introduced; this is how we're able
to build for Windows in the first place.  CMake can be downloaded
from http://www.cmake.org, and will generate Visual Studio
project files on Windows.  As part of our preparations for the
upcoming 4.3 release, I am drafting instructions on building
netCDF with CMake.

> Thanks in advance, Kari

I hope this helps, have a great day,

-Ward