[netCDFJava #OFL-304083]: clarification regarding Projections

Greetings Ghansham,

The projection manipulation features of netCDF-Java are not available in
the C/Fortran versions of netCDF. However, there are C/Fortran packages
that can handle projections that use the netCDF C/Fortran libs. Check out

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/software.html

for more information (just search the page for "projection"). You may want
to checkout how the open source libraries implement their projection code,
or what underlying libraries they use.

Cheers,

Sean

> Hi all....
>
> I think this might be a query which should have been to support-netcdf but
> anyhow I believe both have a strong connection.
> Its only the difference between language.
>
> The query is "Do we classes for MsgNavigation and all other
> navigation/projection types in fortran and C version of netcdf.
>
> Just I didnt want to hand code them in C/C++ at my end. Moreover there are
> parameter scientists who use fortran as their
> development tool. Then they can use the fortran version of netcdf.
>

> regards
> Ghansham

Ticket ID: OFL-304083
Department: Support netCDF Java