[netCDF #URQ-247314]: make check failed when installing netcdf-fortran

Hi Colleen,

> I am trying to install netcdf on my MacBook Pro (Mac OS.X 10.7 Lion). I
> successfully installed the C netcdf library, but when I tried to build the
> fortran library it failed 2 tests:
> 2 of 3 tests failed
> Please report to address@hidden
> make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>
> This is how I installed the two:
>
> export PREFIX=/Users/cpetrik1/mypath/netCDF
> export FC=gfortan
> export F90=gfortan
> export F95=gfortan
> export F77=gfortan
> cd netcdf-4.2.1.1
> ./configure --prefix=$PREFIX --disable-netcdf-4
> make
> make check
> make install
> cd ..
> cd netcdf-fortran-4.2
> CPPFLAGS=-I$PREFIX/include DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=$PREFIX/lib LDFLAGS=-lnetcdf
> ./configure --prefix=$PREFIX
> make
> make check

The problem might have been a simple typo, using "gfortan" instead of
"gfortran"  for FC, F90, F95, and F77.

If you're still having trouble, you might check the MacPorts port of the
"netcdf-fortran" package for OSX.  Once
you have installed "port", it builds and installs all necessary libraries by
just invoking:

  sudo port install netcdf-fortran

--Russ

Ticket ID: URQ-247314