[netCDF #DQP-681597]: trouble install netcdf-4.2-fortran library with intel-12.1

Hi Josh,

Sorry to have taken so long to respond to your question ...
> Package Version: netcdf-4.2
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: x86_64
> Description of problem:
>
> I tried to install netcdf-4.2-fortran after installing C/C++ libraries. It
> can not complete the configuration if I follow the instruction on
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html.
>
> I have to change the configure option to CPPFLAGS=-I{DIR1}/include
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/pkg/intel/12/lib/intel64:/{DIR1}/lib LDFLAGS=-lnetcdf
> ./configure --prefix={DIR1}. After configuration, it can not complete
> the make. The log file of configuration and error message of make are
> attached.
>
> Plz. help on it. THX!

From the config.log you sent, I think you should set the F77 environment
variable
to "ifort", to be consistent with using icc for the C compiler and ifort for the
F90 compiler.  Currently, the configure script is choosing "mpif77" for the f77
compiler.

Recently we fixed a bug in the netCDF C daily snapshot release that had been
preventing Fortran releases from building properly, and a user reported
success with a combination similar to yours:

  I downloaded the latest daily build of the C API:

  netcdf-4.2.1.1-snapshot2012120323

  and:

  netcdf-fortran-4.4-beta1

  Both now built successfully (passed all tests) with the Intel icc/icpc and
ifort
  compilers on a Linux 64-bit cluster and my Mac OS X laptop.

So if defining F77 as ifort doesn't work, you might try the daily snapshot
netCDF
C release from

  ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/snapshot/netcdf-4-daily.tar.gz

with either the netcdf-fortran-4.2 or netcdf-fortran-4.4-beta1 releases
instead.  We're working on another Fortran release, but I can't currently
estimate when it will be ready ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: DQP-681597
Department: Support netCDF