[netCDF #XIK-240934]: netcdf4 on Mac OSX Lion

Greetings Visda,

After looking at your log file, it seems as though configure is picking
up icc as your C compiler, not gcc. Not only that, but it can't seem to
find icc either:

./configure: line 4183: icc: command not found

Perhaps something in your environment is set to point to a non-existing
icc? If you want to use gcc, set the environmental variable $CC

export CC=/usr/bin/gcc (or setenv if your are using a csh based shell)

and try running configure again.

Cheers!

Sean

> Hi Sean,
>
> Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.
>
> I have Xcode installed but i am using command line. I have also installed
> command line told of Xcode and I can compile other c programs from command
> line with the same GCC.
>
> I also tried autoconf and apparently the version of my autoconf doesn't match
> to the one for netcdf?! I have no idea where to change the version of that.
>
> here's my config.log when I just use ./configure and not autoconfig.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Visda
>

> On Nov 15, 2012, at 4:59 PM, Unidata netCDF Support wrote:
>
> > Greetings Visda,
> >
> > Are you using GCC from xcode? Is the environmental variable
> > $CC set to point to your gcc? Would you mind sending a copy
> > of your config.log, which is in the top level of the netCDF
> > compile directory?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Sean
> >
> >> Full Name: Visda Goudarzi
> >> Email Address: address@hidden
> >> Package Version: netcdf4
> >> Operating System: Mac OSX Lion
> >> Hardware:
> >> Description of problem:
> >>
> >> Greetings,
> >>
> >> I try installation of netcdf on Mac OSX Lion but when I try to configure,
> >> I get the error:
> >>
> >> configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
> >>
> >> I saw a similar question on the Threads but the only answer to that
> >> was if the gcc compiler in available. I also checked that and my gcc
> >> compiler is there and I can compile other c programs from command line
> >> with no problem. Any idea what could be wrong?
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >>
> >> Visda
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: XIK-240934