[netCDF #JCF-409057]: Regarding CSV to NETCDF conversion

Hi Akshay,

> I had gone through your discussion regarding .csv to netcdf utility using
> ferret in http://www.unidata.ucar.edu.

I'm not sure what discussion you are referring to, but maybe it was this email:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/mailing_lists/archives/netcdfgroup/2009/msg00068.html

The ferret software is not developed or supported by Unidata, and we don't use
ferret, but it looks like it would be a good solution for your problem, if you
can
download and install ferret from:

  http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/downloads

> ... I also have a problem in creation of
> netcdf file using .csv file, so I thought,it would be helpful if I contact
> you. Here I have attached my csv file, and I would like to convert it to
> netcdf file. Kindly observe the file in which Latitude, Longitude ,station
> date and time are changing after particular station. Please suggest me to
> create netcdf file. I am new to this field so I am contacting you. And we
> have huge data of same format(.csv), if I get help from you, it would be
> helpful for our Data Center. if you have created any jnl file or script
> kindly mail me. I will try to do the needful.

We don't have a script or utility that converts a csv file to netCDF, but
I can refer you to some other third-party software solutions, in case you
can't use ferret:

  netcdf4excel, an add-in for MS Excel
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/software.html#netcdf4excel

  Scientific DataSet (SDS) Library
  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/software.html#SDS

Unidata is actively developing some software to help convert Excel csv files
to netCDF, but it's not ready for use yet:

  https://wiki.ucar.edu/display/unidata/pzhta

--Russ

Ticket ID: JCF-409057
Department: Support netCDF