[netCDF #UIX-707316]: problem in running fortran with netcdf4.1.3

Hi Xiaoguang Tan,

> We have a fortran program with netcdf 3.6.1 . It is no problem .
> We installed netcdf 4.1.3 and changed our old fortran program : from nf90_ to
> nf_ ,
> from nf_put_var to nf_put_var_tex etc.
> We successfully compiled the program . But when we run the program, it shows
> a error:
> "error while loading shared libraries: libnetcdf.so.7: cannot open shared
> object file: No such file or directory"
> We can see libnetcdf.so.7 in our netcdf install directory. Why it cannot find
> it ?
> While we have another fortran program which call netcdf of C can successfully
> run .
> Why? We only use C with netcdf 4.1.3 ?

In 4.1.3, the Fortran library is a separate shred library, so you need to use
two
library options to the compiler:

   -lnetcdff -lnetcdf

instead of just

   -lnetcdf

Also, you may need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the directory where the netCDF
libraries
are installed, to make sure the compiler can find them.

--Russ

Ticket ID: UIX-707316
Department: Support netCDF