[netCDF #CHC-440155]: netcdf4 problem

Hi Torben,

> I wanted to ask if a binary release of Netcdf4 build with the Intel
> compiler  for linux (x86_64) is planned in the near future?
>
> I was never able to build Netcdf4 from source due to complications with HDF5.

Sorry, we aren't planning to provide binary releases for Linux.  There
are just too many variations of compilers, architectures, and options
combinations.

I recommend that you try again with the latest release, which is easier to
build than it used to be:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/netcdf-4_2_1_1

The new, simpler directions for building the C release are here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/building.html

After installing the C libraries, if you still want to build the Fortran
libraries, the instructions are here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: CHC-440155