[netCDF #YJR-897652]: any plans for nc_rename_grp()?

Hi Charlie,

> Are any plans afoot to implement a netCDF library
> function to rename groups?
> We're thinking of adding that to ncrename, but it
> wouldn't be worth our effort to implement it with
> the current API if a simple library function that
> did the same thing is forthcoming.

It wasn't on our list, but I'll add it as a requested feature.

As you probably know, adding a new function to the public API
involves writing unit tests, documentation, and analogous functions
for the Fortran, Java, and C++ APIs, but I'll see if we can get it
in an upcoming release (4.3, end of the year? ...).

I assume you'd rather have some of the long-standing bugs fixed, which
with a new Fortran release will be my immediate priorities, once the
current training workshop is done.

--Russ

Ticket ID: YJR-897652
Department: Support netCDF