[netCDF #WIC-444453]: sofware for Netcdf

> Hi, I would like to install netcdf for the WRF in my linux. I would like
> to know wich software (compilers) requeriments I need?

A C compiler compiler, such as gcc, is required to build the netCDF C library.
We recommend the latest release of the C library, version 4.2.1.1, from

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/netcdf/netcdf-4_2_1_1/

Follow the build instructions here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/building.html

For WRF, you may be able to use the simpler version without DAP remote access
or netCDF-4 features, in which case you can build with the configure options
--disable-dap and --disable-netcdf-4.

I assume WRF also needs the netCDF Fortran library, so after installing the
netCDF C library you will need to use a Fortran compiler, such as gfortran,
and follow the instructions here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: WIC-444453