[netCDF #IOW-928901]: Windows 64-bit prebuilt NetCDF dll

Hi Liz,

> I must admit that the idea of compiling the library myself is rather
> daunting.  I've never tried it since I've always used the pre-built kinds
> (even if they are a version behind).  I do not have a C compiler since no
> one at my office "speaks C" - does this mean I cannot compile it anyway?
> The directions say to compile the FORTRAN with the same C compiler.
>
> Since I'd rather weasel my way out of having to compile this myself,
> have you been in contact with the fellow who originally posted the 64-bit
> Windows DLL to let him know that it doesn't work?

Sorry, we currently don't have any prebuilt netCDF Fortran libraries for
Windows.  The Fortran netCDF library depends on the C netCDF library, and
part of the Fortran library is written in C, so currently you have to have
a C compiler to build and install it.

We'll see if we can test the upcoming Fortran 4.2.1 version on Windows before
it's released, which may result in some prebuilt libraries, but that won't be
available for a while, probably at least a month or two.

--Russ

Ticket ID: IOW-928901
Department: Support netCDF