[netCDF #KHB-927688]: Compiling error

Hi Abheera,

Unfortunately, we are in the process of moving our offices from FLA (the
Foothills
Anthes Building, 3375 Mitchell Lane) to FL4 (3300 Mitchell Lane) today and
tomorrow.
Both buildings are closed to us and everyone else except the movers, both today
and
tomorrow (July 5-6).  Next week is also problematic, as most of the staff are
attending
the triennial Unidata Users Workshop at the Mes Lab (in the main auditorium)
from
Monday morning through Friday neen (July 13).

The first thing I would check is whether you are using the -I compiler option
to specify
where the .mod module header for the Fortran API is installed.

If you are using a MacOS-X platform, also make sure it was configured with the
environment variable

  lt_cv_ld_force_load=no

set, as documented here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/known_problems.html#intel-fortran-macosx

Another thing I would check is whether you have to link to a separate Fortran
library
with "-lnetcdff" followed by linking to the netCDF C library with "-lnetcdf".

--Russ

Ticket ID: KHB-927688
Department: Support netCDF