[netCDF #TFK-571541]: Problems when installing NetCDF-4.1.1 for parallel I/O

Albert,

> After seeing your suggestion, I tried to use HDF5-1.8.4-patch1 with
> NetCDF-4.1.1 & MVAPICH2-1.8 for MPI compiler.But it still have some errors
> when I run the "make check" command and when I tried to use NetCDF to build
> the atmosphere model CAM5.0, it seems to have some errors relating to NetCDF.
> But I not really understand what meaning the message is. Could please take a
> look and give me some advice for what should I do now?I attach the error
> message for NetCDF using the command make check and partial message relating
> to NetCDF when I tried to build the application.I really appreciate all the
> help you gave to me. Thank you very much.

Sorry, but I don't have any software that knows how to read the ".rar" file you
attached, which is apparently
a compressed Windows archive.  Please either attach the logfile in uncompressed
form or use something that
can be read on a Linux system, such as tar.gz or .zip.

For CentOS 6, the easiest way to install netCDF is by using the prebuilt
package for netCDF and a package
manager, such as "yum". For example, you should be able to use a command such as

  yum install netcdf-4.1.1

or a more specific version such as netcdf-4.1.1-3.el6.2.x86_64

I don't know if any of the prebuilt packages for your system are built for
parallel I/O.  If not,
you will have to build from source using the --enable-parallel option to
configure, as described
here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/building.html

under the "Building with Parallel I/O" link.

--Russ

Ticket ID: TFK-571541
Department: Support netCDF