[netCDF #DER-778783]: netcdf-fortran-4.2 illegal option passed to ifort during compile

> You can close this.  I found the answer by searching your
> support archives as you suggested:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/known_problems.html#intel-fortran-macosx

OK, thanks for reporting back.  I assume what you found was that the solution
was setting
the environment variable

  lt_cv_ld_force_load=no

when running configure.

--Russ

> On Jun 29, 2012, Unidata netCDF Support <address@hidden> wrote:
>

> P. Martin,
>
> Your Ticket has been received, and a Unidata staff member will review it and
> reply accordingly. Listed below are details of this new Ticket. Please make
> sure the Ticket ID remains in the Subject: line on all correspondence related
> to this Ticket.
>
> Ticket ID: DER-778783
> Subject: netcdf-fortran-4.2 illegal option passed to ifort during compile
> Department: Support netCDF
>

> The NetCDF libraries are developed at the Unidata Program Center/UCAR,
> in Boulder, Colorado; we are funded primarily by the U.S. National
> Science Foundation.
>
> All support requests are handled by the development team; no
> dedicated support staff are funded at this time. For this reason
> we cannot guarantee response times, nor can we resolve every support
> issue, although we do our best to respond within 72 hours.
>
> It is in the nature of support requests that the same question is
> asked many times. We urge you to search the support archives for
> material relating to your support inquiry:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/search.jsp?support&netcdf
>
> If you are having trouble building netCDF, please take a look at the
> "Build Troubleshooter" section of the netCDF home page:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/
>
> Windows users should see the FAQ list:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/faq.html#windows_netcdf4
>
> Complete documentation (including a tutorial, and sample programs in
> C, Fortran, Java, and other programming languages) can be found on the
> netCDF Documentation page:
>
> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/docs/
>
> If you resolve your issue through one of these methods, please send a
> assistance. This will help us spend more time on netCDF development.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Unidata User Support

Ticket ID: DER-778783
Department: Support netCDF