[netCDF #QJI-525551]: Regarding NETCDF+GNU or Intel compiler version

Hi Shraddha,

> Suppose I have installed netcdf-3.6.1 with Intel-10.1.025 in
> /opt/netcdf location.
> So in /opt/netcdf lib bin include share will created.
> Suppose I have deleted netcdf-3.6.1 source from my home.
> How can I recognise with which compiler version it has been installed
> from bin lib include or share directories.
>
> bin]$ cat ncdump-bin.sh
>
> find ./ncdump -type f -perm /a+x -exec ldd {} \; \
> | grep so \
> | sed -e '/^[^\t]/ d' \
> | sed -e 's/\t//' \
> | sed -e 's/.*=..//' \
> | sed -e 's/ (0.*)//' \
> | sort \
> | uniq -c \
> | sort -n
>
> bin]$ ./ncdump-bin.sh
> 1
> 1 /lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
> 1 /lib64/libc.so.6
> 1 /lib64/libdl.so.2
> 1 /lib64/libgcc_s.so.1
> 1 /lib64/libm.so.6
> But here it is not showing anything related to Intel-XE-2013 with which I
> have compiled it.

Sorry, that information is not available from any of the installed files.
For later versions of netCDF that support the "nc-config" utility, you
can tell the name of the C compiler used, but not the version, by invoking
"nc-config --cc".

Information about the compiler version is in the output of the configure
script when the library is built, but is not currently saved in any artifacts
of the installation.

Is that information typically saved somewhere for other open source libraries?
If so, how is it typically accessed?

--Russ

Ticket ID: QJI-525551
Department: Support netCDF