[netCDF #SQA-525987]: Build netCDF with ifort

Hi Alex,

> Hi. I am trying to build netCDF on my laptop so I can get the NCAR
> TIE-GCM model to run on there. I have the ifort compiler but no other
> intel products. The build of netCDF seems to work fine. I set these flags:
>
> $ export F77=ifort
> $ export FC=ifort
> $ export F90=ifort
> $ export FFLAGS='-O3 -xT -ip -no-prec-div -static'
>
> However, 'netcdf.inc' is not created anywhere (sudo find -name netcdf.inc
> finds nothing from '/' ). This means I can't link netCDF to TIE-GCM. How
> to I get the netCDF installation to create this file?

I suspect that you have installed the C libraries using the netcdf-4.2
distribution, but you haven't installed the Fortran libraries from the
separate netcdf-fortran-4.2 distribution. Beginning with version 4.2,
the APIs for C, Fortran, and C++ are separate distributions, see:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/release-notes-fortran-4.2.html
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/netcdf_4_2_release

Here are instructions for building and installing the Fortran release,
after the C library has been installed:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: SQA-525987