[netCDF #NRK-175381]: netcdf-4.2.0 compilation failure

> Russ, should I be able to browse the file at:
>

> http://motherlode.ucar.edu:8081/dts/test.01
>
> It doesn't seem to be allowing me to connect using a browser (both Firefox
> and Safari) is there a permissions issue? Do you have another URL you want
> me to try?

No, that's just a test server for the OPeNDAP client that's part of the netCDF
C library.  When you run "make check" on the netCDF 4.2.0 distribution, it will
use the right protocol to access files from that test server.

I've checked that "make check" completes successfully from here with the
netCDF-4.2.0 distribution, after running the configure script.  Earlier you had
a failure releated to using an older port for the test server.  All you should
need to do now is run the configure script, then "make check", and verify that
it completes successfully.  As a shortcut, if you want to use the distribution
that failed earlier, you could just replace the two files I mentioned with the
corresponding files now in the 4.2.0 distribution and rerun "make check" without
running configure, but it should work either way.

--Russ

Ticket ID: NRK-175381
Department: Support netCDF