[netCDF #ITK-193191]: Netcdf -fortran-4.2 problem

Hi Gerry!

> Howdy! This is likely to be a case of missing something self-evident,
> but I've run into a snag.
>
> The error is:
> configure: error: netcdf.h could not be found. Please set CPPFLAGS.
>
> I have config'd and compiled/installed the C libs more'r'less
> successfully. I think. Config and compile logs are attached.
>
> A find on the install dir yields this:
> [gerry@brazos:/data/gerry/NetCDF4.2]$ find . -name netcdf.h
> ./netcdf-4.2/include/netcdf.h
> ./include/netcdf.h
>
> and the prefix is set for /data/gerry/NetCDF4.2 (./configure
> --disable-netcdf-4 --prefix=/data/gerry/NetCDF4.2 && make > compile.log
> 2>&1 &)
>
> On configuration of netcdf-gfortran, I get the error.
>
> Any ideas?

I think all you need to do is set CPPFLAGS=-I/data/gerry/NetCDF4.2/include and
LDFLAGS=-L/data/gerry/NetCDF4.2/lib before running the configure script in the
Fortran package.  An example is here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-fortran-install.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: ITK-193191