[netCDF #DAH-542964]: Conversion of NETCDF Files to Ascii--Iteration

Hi Florian,

> For my master thesis i need to process a lot of Netcdf data. In order
> to do this i need to change the format from netcdf to ascii (ASC). I
> can do one file after another with the arcgis/Arcmap program, but since
> i have data from 1983 to 2005 (hourly data from solar radiation) there
> are approximately 176.000 files to process. Is there a tool available
> that is capable of doing this request?

There are descriptions of a few tools that can be used for that purpose here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/faq.html#converttotext

In addition, there are scripting languages that have netCDF programming
interfaces, such as Python, that can be used for reading netCDF data and
printing it in text form, for example:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/software.html#Python

--Russ

Ticket ID: DAH-542964