[netCDF #JEU-785117]: netcdf make check install test fail

Hi Ben,

> Hi there, thanks for any help. Can you tell me if this is a permissions
> error on my end or otherwise what the problem is?
>
> /bin/sh: line 9: ./compare_test_files.sh: Permission denied
> FAIL: compare_test_files.sh
> 1 of 3 tests failed
> Please report to address@hidden
> make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/opt/home/bl10/NETCDF/netcdf-4.1.3/nctest'
> make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/opt/home/bl10/NETCDF/netcdf-4.1.3/nctest'
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

That would be my guess.  What's strange about the error is the "line 9",
as all the versions of the compare_test_files.sh we know about only have
2 lines.

What version of netCDF are you trying to build?

The most recent release is version 4.1.3, and the most recent development
release is 4.2-rc2.

--Russ

Ticket ID: JEU-785117
Department: Support netCDF