[Support #ZBD-918687]: netcdf

Hi Jessica,

> I am trying to use the ncdf package in R to open .nc files.  It seems
> to say that I must install netcdf as well.
>
> I have downloaded the netcdf-3.6.1-beta1-win32dll file and put it in
> the windows 32 system folder.
>
> It seems to say that I don't have to do anything else, and that R will
> look for it there?
>
> R still says that it can't find netcdf. E.g. Error: could not find
> function "ncdump"
>
> Is there something else that I should be doing?

I recommend contacting the maintainer of the ncdf package for R, whose email
address is listed here:

  http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/ncdf/index.html

We're not familiar enough with R to know how to configure it to look
for the programs or libraries provided by ncdf.

Sorry we can't be of more help ...

--Russ

Ticket ID: ZBD-918687
Department: Support netCDF