[netCDF #RSO-179198]: Ncgen version 4.2-rc2 makes bad output

The cmp program is a rather blunt instrument.
Instead, I used ncdump to dump the t2.nc file
and compared textually with cdl2.  As near as I
can tell they are identical up to floating point
rounding differences.

It had not occurred to me before that .nc files are
non-deterministic, but am not entirely surprised
because there is a certain amount of rounding up
of the space used by some kinds of data (i.e. strings)
so the extra, unused space may have arbitrary values in them
without affecting the proper operation of netcdf.

=Dennis Heimbigner
  Unidata

Ticket ID: RSO-179198
Department: Support netCDF