[SupportPlaza #JBO-909166]: Fwd: Installation on Snow Leopard

Greeting Zohar,

128.117.149.64 is still valid. I'm pretty sure the location of the netCDF 3.6.3
files has not changed, as several linux package managers depend on this
location, too. Unfortunately, the GMT output does not show the full ftp path it
was trying to resolve. The netCDF archives live at the following address:

ftp://128.117.149.64/pub/netcdf/

You may be able to download the tar.* file manually and place it in the GMT
directory (there is probably a specific directory that holds these kinds of
downloaded files). You may also want to pass this along to the GMT folks, as
they may have a solution for this as well.

http://gmt.soest.hawaii.edu/gmt/gmt_bugs.html

Cheers,

Sean

> Hi,
> trying to install gmt (not via fink)
>
> got this error: i think while it was trying to download netCDF
> ---> EPSV
> 229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||44095|)
> 229 Entering Extended Passive Mode (|||44095|)
> ftp: Can't connect to `128.117.149.64': Operation timed out
> ---> EPRT |1|132.72.84.72|55529|
> 200 EPRT command successful. Consider using EPSV.
> 200 EPRT command successful. Consider using EPSV.
> ---> RETR netcdf-3.6.3.tar.Z
> 421 Service not available, remote server timed out. Connection closed.
> Got 0 kb ... done
> ?? netcdf-3.6.3.tar.{Z,bz2,gz} not found - must abort !!
>
> does anyone know what i can do to fix this?
> is 128.117.149.64 irrelevant?
>
> thanks so much?
>
> *Zohar L. Ehrlich*
> Dept. of Geological and Environmental Sciences
> Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
> address@hidden, webpage <http://www.bgu.ac.il/~ehrlizo>

Ticket ID: JBO-909166
Department: Support netCDF