[netCDF #VAZ-231246]: Netcdf

Hi Dave,

> Reporting on the attempts we made.  The first error in the release build
> was a missing file rpc/types.h.  I found a file like this on the
> internet and put in a folder rpc I created in C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include used by visual studio.
>
> The next problem was that the types.h I had found wanted a features.h.
> I found one on the internet and put it in C:\Program Files\Microsoft
> Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include too.
>
> The problem is this wanted an include bits/uClibc_config.h.  I could
> continue on this path but am concerned that I may not be getting the
> right files and would prefer to have the types.h, features.h etc that
> netcdf uses rather than whatever I can locate on the internet.

The code you need is an ONC RPC library for Windows, see:

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Network_Computing_Remote_Procedure_Call

As that article reports,

  Implementations of ONC RPC exist in most Unix-like systems. Microsoft
supplies
  an implementation for Windows in their Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX
  product; in addition, a number of third-party implementation of ONC RPC for
  Windows exist, including versions for C/C++, Java, and .NET (see external
links).

That's the Microsoft produc t I was trying to think of on the phone call this
morning,
the Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX.  If you install that, I think you'll
have
rpc/types.h and everything referenced by other include files it includes.

That may solve some other portability problems with netCDF on Windows as well

Please let us know if that gets you further.

--Russ

Ticket ID: VAZ-231246
Department: Support netCDF