[netCDF #FPN-289469]: [netcdfgroup] C++4 and Sync

Hi Ross,

> I was wondering where the Sync and Close member functions of NcFile
> have gone in the version4 of the C++ API - I would like to flush a
> netcdf file every so often so that other users can look at the data
> whilst it is still being collected.

From getting no relevant results by searching the cxx4 sources for
"sync", it looks like the answer to your question is that the API
doesn't support the nc_sync() functionality directly.  The destructor
for NcFile calls nc_close(), so it may be the only way to do what
you want currently is to use that, which is clumsy.

I forwarded your question to the author of the version4 C++ API, since
I don't think he is a subscriber to the netcdfgroup mailing list.  He
may be able to provide a better answer.  He provides updates from time
to time for incorporation into the distribution.

--Russ

Ticket ID: FPN-289469
Department: Support netCDF