[Support #SBY-158097]: conversion of classic netcdf format to netcdf-CF1.0 and/or netcdf-CF1.1 convention

Hi Basit,

Sorry it took so long to respond to your question.
> I am just wondering if there is any tool or script available to covert
> classic netcdf wrfoutput data to netcdf-CF1.0 and/or netcdf-CF1.1
> convention.
>
> WRF provided some user contributed ncl script for conversion
> (wrfout_to_cf.ncl), however, it does not do the conversion properly and
> I am unable to view the converted data in any application that loads
> netcdf-CF1.0 or netcdfCF1.1.

No, unfortunately we don't know of any such conversion tool.  The Unidata
IDV tool can visualize some WRF output even without conversion to CF
compliance, so that might help.  See this article on WRF Model Output
Visualization with IDV for more information:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/blogs/news/entry/wrf_model_output_visualization_with

There's also a workshop presentation on using WRF output in the IDV:

  http://www.mmm.ucar.edu/wrf/users/workshops/WS2009/Tutorials/IDV-WRF.pdf

--Russ

Ticket ID: SBY-158097
Department: Support netCDF