[netCDF #AVF-523042]: Problems in configuring NetCDF4.1.3 on Linux

Hi Elena,

> I'm trying to install netCDF-4.1.3 into a Linux(i686, Ubuntu 11.04)
> operating system
>
> (Linux Pingu3 2.6.38-10-generic-pae #46-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 28 16:54:49
> UTC 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux)
>
> But I  have always the same recurrent error when configuring it:
> ./configure -disable -netcdf-4 (--disable-shared)
>
> -          conftest.c:26:28: fatal error: ac_nonexistent.h: No such file
> or directory that makes fail after during the install.
>
> I've tried several versions of Netcdf....and always the same problem.
> Can you help me?
>
> I'm not sure if is something related to the FLAGS...and I don't know how
> to search for the problem...

The config.log file you sent shows that your configure step finished
successfully,
creating Makefiles and header files for the next step: running "make check",
followed by "make install".

As it says in the NetCDF Installation Guide:

  The configure script will also create the file "config.log", which will
contain
  error messages from the utilities that the configure script uses in examining
the
  attributes of your system. Because such an examination can result in errors,
it
  is expected that "config.log" will contain error messages. Therefore, such
  messages do not necessarily indicate a problem (a better indicator would be
  failure of the subsequent "make").

So please don't worry about error messages in "config.log".  If the "make check"
step fails, please report the details, as listed here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Reporting-Problems.html

--Russ

Ticket ID: AVF-523042
Department: Support netCDF