[netCDF #BPG-160315]: why netcdf4.1.x don't work in my program

Greetings!

It looks like the netCDF FORTRAN library is not being linked to your program. I
see from your genie make log that you are using:

-L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdf

to link to netCDF, which is actually missing a link flag (which is why your
program cannot find any nf_* symbols). I am not sure how you compile the
program, but make sure you also link to -lnetcdff:

-L/usr/local/lib -lnetcdff -lnetcdf

Cheers!

Sean

> Hi, everyone.
>
> I built, checked and installed netcdf 4.1.3 successfully on my Ubuntu to
> compile my another modeling program. unfortunately, the program reported
> many errors like " undefined reference to `nf_create_' ". It probably
> because libnetcdf was not used successfully, I think. However, when i
> reinstall the lower version of netcdf 4.0.1, my program can be built
> without errors. I want to ask how to solve this problem?
>
> I attached config.log and make.log files when building netcdf 4.1.3 and
> also the log file when I built my own program.
>
> --
> Dr. Wentao Ma
> State Key Laboratory of Marine Geology
> Tongji University