[Support #OBO-383864]: nc-config and c++ library

> Full Name: Tim Campbell
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.1.3
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> The nc-config library linking information (--libs and --flibs) does not
> include -lnetcdf_c++ when netcdf is compiled with C++ API.

Howdy!

Thanks for pointing that out.

Starting with the next release, the C library will no longer include the
fortran and C++ libraries. Instead, these will be distributed separately. (You
will still need to install a C library first.)

The idea is that we will be able to update the C++ or Fortran libraries without
affecting all users, just those using that interface.

To get the release candidate of the stand-alone C++ library, try:
ftp://ftp.unidata.ucar.edu/pub/netcdf/netcdf-cxx4-4.2-rc2.tar.gz

Thanks,

Ed

Ticket ID: OBO-383864
Department: Support netCDF