[netCDF #CYS-719544]: Examples of parallel netCDF-4 in Fortran?

Greetings Craig,

I do apologize for the delay.

> Hi,
>
> I need to develop a parallel (MPI) netCDF-4 I/O capability for a new
> numerical model. The parallel file system on the supercomputing cluster I am
> using cannot handle more than 64 processes trying to read from/write to a
> single file.
>
> Are there any Fortran examples available using 'nfmpi_' calls? I couldn't
> find any here:

I found an example of using parallel I/O in FORTRAN, but it does not use
nfmpi_. However, I'll pass it along in case you find it helpful:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/workshops/most-recent/pnetcdf/index.html

> http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/examples/programs/
>
> Also, are there any benchmarking programs available for parallel netCDF-4 I/O?

There is the --enable-benchmarks flag you can pass configure that will enable
benchmark tests, but I am not aware of any others. You may have to create a
test(s) specific to your needs.

Cheers!

Sean

> Thank you,
> Craig

> Dr. Craig A. Mattocks
> Atmospheric Research Scientist
> Meteorology and Physical Oceanography, MSC 231-B
> Rosenstiel School of Marine and Atmospheric Science
> University of Miami
> 4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
> Miami, FL 33149-1301
> phone: (305) 421-4287