[netCDF #UQB-955316]: netcdf build error

Zilore,

> Once again, thank you very much for your assistance. Since last time I
> have been struggling to have netcdf correctly built. I removed the
> intel compiler and tried to build with gfortran and gcc. The result is
> worse, I get that headers are netcdf-4.1.8.7 but the library is 1.8..5

It looks as if your HDF5 library is not completely installed, or you have two
versions of the HDF5 library installed, HDF-1.8.5 and HDF5-1.8.7.

Can you uninstall HDF5 and try installing version 1.8.7 again?  Then get a
new copy of the 4.1.3 netCDF source and install that using the new
HDF5-1.8.7 installation.

For building netCDF-4.1.3, you need to specify the location where the HDF5
headers and libraries were installed using the CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS
environment variables, as in

   CPPFLAGS=-I/home/ed/local/include LDFLAGS=-L/home/ed/local/lib ./configure
--prefix=/home/ed/local
   make check install

as explained here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Quick-Instructions.html

If that doesn't work, we'll need to see the output of running the configure
script as well as the "make check install" command, if it got that far, as
described
here:

  http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/netcdf/docs/netcdf-install/Reporting-Problems.html

Thanks!

--Russ

> I am passing on the error message below to support hoping they can
> assist me how to point to the correct library in LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
> The earlier indication of the error (with "make check") is immediately below
> Thanks
> Zilore
>
> Bye...
> *** Creating a file with two vars with one dimension scale.../bin/sh:
> line 5: 13340 Aborted                 (core dumped) ${dir}$tst
> FAIL: tst_h_dimscales4
> 1 of 26 tests failed
> Please report to address@hidden
> make[2]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/netcdf-4.1.3/h5_test'
> make[1]: *** [check-am] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/netcdf-4.1.3/h5_test'
> make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
>
> from earlier on:
> *** Checking HDF5 enum type missing values...ok.
> *** Tests successful!
> PASS: tst_h_enums
>
> *** Checking HDF5 dimscales detach.
> Warning! ***HDF5 library version mismatched error***
> The HDF5 header files used to compile this application do not match
> the version used by the HDF5 library to which this application is linked.
> Data corruption or segmentation faults may occur if the application continues.
> This can happen when an application was compiled by one version of HDF5 but
> linked with a different version of static or shared HDF5 library.
> You should recompile the application or check your shared library related
> settings such as 'LD_LIBRARY_PATH'.
> You can, at your own risk, disable this warning by setting the environment
> variable 'HDF5_DISABLE_VERSION_CHECK' to a value of '1'.
> Setting it to 2 or higher will suppress the warning messages totally.
> Headers are 1.8.7, library is 1.8.5

Ticket ID: UQB-955316
Department: Support netCDF