[netCDF #IOI-566347]: support_netcdf

Greetings Lev and Piskun!

To answer your first question ("1) What version of NETCDF we will be use
according our PC- configuration?"), the version of netCDF that you are using
should work just fine - I don't see a need to change anything with that.

Now, for your second question ("2) What should be done to find the necessary
WRF files and libraries of Netcdf"):

Since you used

./configure –prefix=/usr/local –disable-netcdf-4

with -prefix=/usr/local, that means include/, share/, lib/,and bin/ will live
directly under /usr/local. If you would like them to live under
/usr/local/netcdf, then you must use

--prefix=/usr/local/netcdf

Then, in order for WRF to find the directories, you need to make sure you let
the configure script know where the netCDF libs live on your system. Set the
environmental variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the top level where netCDF lives.
Currently, that's /usr/local, but if you redo things and have the build go into
/usr/local/netcdf, you would use (assuming your SHELL is bash):

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/netcdf

Then, run your WRF configure script and see if it can find the needed libs.
Please let me know how this goes for you!

Cheers!

Sean

> Hello,
>
> We built WRFV3.3 with NetCDF 4.1.3. with
>
> OC Linux (Open SUSE 11.4) with gfortran & gcc compiler (version 4.5.1
> 20101208 [gcc-4_5-branch revision 167585]) , Open MP and it is not
> successful. Please! help us.
>
> with sincerely
> Lev Tatianas,
> Piskun Vladimir